Skip to content

What should I check before buying a used Bentley from a private seller?

General Discussion
1 1 49 1
  • Okay so I'm going to look at a 2010 Bentley Flying Spur this weekend and I really need some advice from people who know what they're doing because I feel a little out of my depth here. The car looks beautiful in the photos, the seller seems like a nice guy, and the price is very attractive compared to what I've seen at dealerships. But I'm also a little suspicious because the price is almost too good, you know? The seller says he's moving back to his home country and needs to sell quickly, which could be true or could be a red flag. I've owned several cars before but never anything this expensive or this complicated. I know Bentleys have a lot of complex electronics and air suspension systems that can be very costly to fix if something goes wrong. I want to go into this viewing with a checklist of things to look for so I don't get fooled by a car that looks nice on the outside but has hidden problems. Should I bring a mechanic with me? Is it worth paying for a professional inspection before I hand over any money? What are the most common failure points on these cars that I should ask the seller about specifically? I found a website at https://800sayara.com/bentley-repair-sharjah that seems to offer inspections and I'm thinking of calling them to see if they can send someone with me or if I can take the car to them before I buy. Has anyone here bought a used Bentley privately and regretted it? Or has anyone had a good experience? I really don't want to make an expensive mistake but I also don't want to miss out on a good deal if the car is genuinely in good shape. Any advice on what questions to ask the seller and what to look for during a test drive would be so appreciated. Thanks in advance.