Skip to content

Planning a remodel that will take several months, and my biggest worry is the crew.

General Discussion
2 2 6
  • Hey all. Planning a remodel that will take several months, and my biggest worry is the crew. Will they respect our home, keep it clean, show up on time? I work from home. What was your experience with Seattle general contractors on this?

  • Hey. Working from home during a remodel is tough, so crew behavior matters a lot. We worked with Alta as our Seattle General Contractor while I was working from a spare bedroom. They set up dust barriers, protected floors, kept a consistent start time and let me know in advance about loud days so I could plan calls. The site was tidied every afternoon. Honestly, ask a contractor how they handle a homeowner working from home before you sign, the answer tells you a lot. It wasn't silent, but it was predictable, and that made it bearable.