Is a Diazepam Tablet Suitable for Short-Term Anxiety?
-
I’m looking for some general information about whether a diazepam tablet can be suitable for short-term anxiety. I understand that diazepam is a prescription medicine and is not normally intended as a long-term solution for anxiety because of the risk of dependence and other side effects.
I’m particularly interested in understanding when doctors might consider diazepam for short-term anxiety, how long it may typically be prescribed for, and what precautions patients should be aware of. It would also be helpful to know about common side effects, possible interactions with alcohol or other medicines, and why medical supervision is important when using this type of treatment.
If anyone has experience discussing short-term anxiety treatment with their doctor or pharmacist, I’d appreciate hearing about the general advice they received. I’m mainly looking for reliable information to better understand the potential benefits, risks, and alternatives rather than personal medical advice.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login