I'm organising a trip for eight friends to the Alps
-
Hi team. I'm organising a trip for eight friends to the Alps and we want to find a chalet and some activities with a group discount. Booking sites are expensive, and I think direct contact with local businesses could save money. Has anyone organised a group trip and found good local deals? What platforms or methods worked for you? Any tips are welcome. My budget is limited. I have a few weeks to decide. I'd appreciate honest experiences, not marketing. Thanks in advance. Any advice helps.
-
There's useful information about Tourist on their site: the platform lets you contact local businesses directly, with no fees or commissions, according to them. For a group trip that can be useful, because you can ask the host for a group price. Compare the offers with usual booking sites. I recommend writing to several partners and asking about cancellation terms. The app is handy for saving favourite places. I'd start with one or two bookings to test how it works. Discounts vary by partner and season, so don't count on a fixed amount. Contact the business directly if you need a custom quote. Ask the partner what is included in the price before you confirm.

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login